CANNOT FIND MOTION TEMPLATES IN FINDER

Posted by slomoray 
CANNOT FIND MOTION TEMPLATES IN FINDER
September 26, 2011 08:55PM
Hi,
I recently purchased Crumplepop's Tilt-Shift Effects for FCP and was instructed to find the codecs I need, from it's folder, and place it in: Library>Application Support>Final Cut Studio>Motion>Templates
When I opened up the motion folder, I see a library folder but no template folder. In any case I dragged the codec to the motion folder and restarted the computer. After opening FCP I looked for the effect in Master Templates and it wasn't there. I figured as much. How can I find the template folder to put the codec in it's proper location. I hope this makes sense. I'm using FCP 6.0.6 Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ray
Re: CANNOT FIND MOTION TEMPLATES IN FINDER
September 27, 2011 04:38AM
Are you sure you're going to that folder and not the user version of that folder?

September 27, 2011 11:29AM
Well I imagine i went to the right folders. The download has visual instructions that I followed exactly. I'm not sure how I could have gone to another folder.
September 27, 2011 04:32PM
Can't you just create the folder and put the files inside it?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 27, 2011 05:21PM
Thanks for the help. I create a folder and that seemed to correct the problem. While I don't understand the technical part of what we did, it helped, so i'll leave it alone. Thanks again.

Ray
September 27, 2011 07:55PM
You could have gone to the 'User' version of the folder, but if you had visual instructions this is unlikely. The thing is, there are two folders on your computer that are in a Library>Application Support>Final Cut Studio>Motion path.

The reason adding the folder helped is because that's the 'address' the application goes to to find your templates when it's looking for them. If the folder isn't there, as far as the app is concerned, it's just an empty lot. The reason you probably didn't have that folder is because you elected not to install the standard templates that come with Motion when you (or whoever) did the initial installation. So by adding the folder, you created the address for the application to visit.

September 28, 2011 12:24PM
Thanks for helping me understand the reasoning behind the actions taken.

Ray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics