FCS VOLUME LICENCE

Posted by Rui Barros 
FCS VOLUME LICENCE
September 28, 2011 04:54PM
Hi everybody,

So Apple has put us in a hole with the release of Final Cut Pro X and killing FCS on the same day... I won't comment on that more than i have already done.
My biggest problem right now is to find another licenses of FCS 3 for my network that was changing the current editing systems to FCS.
The first question is how can i change a single license to a volume license?
And can someone give me a help in finding a new license to buy, living in an Apple forgotten country is hard to get hardware and software.

Thank You

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
Re: FCS VOLUME LICENCE
September 29, 2011 09:33PM
Apple is still selling it by phone only last I heard.
Call 800-MY-APPLE and ask for Final Cut Studio, part number MB642Z/A
September 30, 2011 06:25AM
Thanks Craig,

Shortly after posting this topic i did phone to USA, the same number above, and yes, Apple is still selling FCS... only to the United States.
About the Volume License, the Apple Genius told me that is it not possible to upgrade a single license to a volume.

The things we have to do to be legal, right now the licenses are urgently needed for the amount of work waiting to be done.
We have the Macs not the software. For some this problem was already solved by installing multiple copies of the same license.
Then again we have our word.

Thanks Again

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
September 30, 2011 09:15AM
So, Canadians are beat for FCP7, ouch! (ehh) <:

Rui Barros Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Craig,
>
> Shortly after posting this topic i did phone to
> USA, the same number above, and yes, Apple is
> still selling FCS... only to the United States.
> About the Volume License, the Apple Genius told me
> that is it not possible to upgrade a single
> license to a volume.
>
> The things we have to do to be legal, right now
> the licenses are urgently needed for the amount of
> work waiting to be done.
> We have the Macs not the software. For some this
> problem was already solved by installing multiple
> copies of the same license.
> Then again we have our word.
>
> Thanks Again
October 02, 2011 10:10PM
Call a local reseller in your area. You might get lucky.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 03, 2011 03:24PM
Thank you for your help.

In the moment i'm waiting for a confirmation from a reseller but this will be my last effort on this. Also the last time on Apple products.

They are not building products for the costumers, they don't care about us or what we need.
Like little and spoiled kids, simply they are joking and trying to fool people and taking the market to what ever they think...
A couple of years ago, Steve said that Flash doesn't work on Tablets, well it rocks on Samsung Tabs and other...
No matter what, Apple doesn't give a "s&%/%" to costumers and like the iDevices the Final Cut Pro X Soap Opera is another bad user experience.

Killing Final Cut Studio and Server after all we have done to make Apple the number one vendor on the Post-Production market and replacing
the tools for a one that does not offers a consistent and professional workflow is like having to many "S%$#&%$#" on their heads.

For some this kind of words are hard but they are the same who give them selves the credit of being Apple's bodyguards. Think different, Apple doesn't care about you.

It's time to show them that what we need from them is respect and good judgment has people and professionals.

Thank again for your help.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics