OT: R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Posted by Momo 
OT: R.I.P. Steve Jobs
October 05, 2011 06:53PM
Whether you agree or not with his decisions about the future of editing, the world just lost a visionary today.
You will be missed Mr. Jobs!
Re: OT: R.I.P. Steve Jobs
October 05, 2011 07:00PM
I know. WoW. I just heard.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
October 05, 2011 07:07PM
Ken S. just called me with the news. An incredibly unique visionary and person. Plenty of imitators but he was the real McCoy.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
October 05, 2011 07:32PM
[www.apple.com]

Such as shame for any man (or woman) to go out at 56. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

A big thank you to Mr Steve Jobs, (to my mind) the single, most influential man in the history of computing - a visionary - that along with the teams he built and the products they created; changed the world of technology for the better.

I would say "RIP Steve"... but Steve was a Buddhist and I like to think he'll be coming back around for another world-changing lifetime or to take over from Tim Cook in 18 years!

Whatever your beliefs, it's a sad day, but we all have to go sometime...

...it's what you do with your time that really counts...

...and boy! Did he make it count!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 05, 2011 07:33PM
Very sad to have lost such a visionary, with so much drive and the charisma to make things happen. I also like the tribute on the Apple homepage. Simple, but effective.

[www.apple.com]

Rest in peace Steve. And thanks for all the great tools and toys you brought us.

October 05, 2011 07:47PM
Now we can all wonder what more could Steve had done had he been alive? R.I.P. So sad to see such a pioneer exit this world; and yes he was a pioneer.
October 05, 2011 08:00PM
Some history, in three lovely stories.

[littlenightmonkey.tumblr.com]

October 05, 2011 08:13PM
Sad day. The world has lost a true pioneer. sad smiley
October 05, 2011 10:06PM
Yes, very sad day. But, oh my what a full life! All of us can only hope we can do something in our lives that change the world for the better. He certainly did. And we still have time.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 05, 2011 10:35PM
...sad for us...but his next life will be even more brilliant. I look forward to it. RE: going @ 56: such an immense energy that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.

Let's hope Apple keeps the innovative fires burning and does not lose sight of what was built by the man.

Time? Nobody has time. Time has us. Live and enjoy every second like it's your last. Tell your family & friends you love them because you never know if that was the last time you will see them.

Rest in Peace Steve.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

October 06, 2011 12:44AM
Happy Apple user for 14 years --Sad Day Today --
October 06, 2011 04:32AM
I want to thank Steve and his tools for a good chunk of my later career.

He accomplished more for us in one lifetime than I could in five.

- Loren
October 06, 2011 03:29PM
It was one hell of a life he lived. And he lived it.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 06, 2011 03:56PM
"Saudade".
A portuguese word without any translation to other languages but with a very strong felling of lost.

Thank You for everything Steve.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
October 06, 2011 05:56PM
October 07, 2011 04:40PM
I've been thinking about the passing of Steve Jobs and how the world has reacted. I believe one reason that he was so revered is that here was a CEO big shot who did not take advantage of the general populace. Putting aside his genius and innovations for the moment, he was not caught stealing from the company, ripping off in some scandalous way his investors or double dealing with politicians. Yes, Apple products are more expensive than most, but he was never accused of dishonesty, of pulling a Bernie Maldof or some such thing. He was a regular guy in many ways, yes a rich regular guy but that was through his own hard work. He may have been a task master, demanding the best from his employees, demanding complete secrecy regarding new apps and hardware to be released but he was honest as far as I can tell. We don't have many in our society that we can look up to. Certainly not bought and paid for politicians & big industry.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
October 07, 2011 10:39PM
His public persona gave us dreams he enjoyed himself. He channeled all the visions in media we grew up on, from the Bell Telephone Hour to Star Trek. And then he grew a team and made them real. When the anticipation of beholding the next one more thing has been taken away, we hurt.

It is no less than the way I felt when Walt Disney and Ian Fleming died. And I was wrong about the dream machine being stopped in both cases. Same here. Reports coming out indicate Steve had dreamed up a development path of products for the next four years.

Outstanding planning!

I sure hope one of them is FCP 8 ! LOL.

And I hope MacWorld comes back, because trade shows are the new town square-- that's the only misstep he made in my view, withdrawing his company from our platform's town square.

- Loren
January 04, 2012 11:30AM
Need an antidote to idolatry? Try this: who-was-steve-jobs

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
bj
January 04, 2012 12:13PM
dcouzin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Need an antidote to idolatry? Try this:
> who-was-steve-jobs

After reading the book it all becomes clear.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics