Slightly OT Footage Search

Posted by ClayC 
Slightly OT Footage Search
November 07, 2011 12:28PM
We're doing a job which involves designing a world 50 years into the future which will be populated with a lot of electronic gadetry. Amongst other things, lots of infoscreens showing the past, i.e. today's world. We need news footage for this: dramatic current events on a grand scale like climate change, political upheaval, armed conflict, protests, pending collapse. On the verge of apocalyptic.

I'd know where to go for the nature stuff, the tougher issue is news. Any recommendations?
Re: Slightly OT Footage Search
November 07, 2011 01:14PM
You have a budget?

AP Video for newsreel stuff. Corbis and Getty for historical and stock footage. Get a rep on the line, explain your project and make a deal. Still won't be cheap though.

Pond5 for more affordable random amateur and semi-pro shot. Probably won't have newsy stuff though.
I find pond5 good for twigging my brain by jamming on search terms and seeing what other people thought might also deserve those terms.

Prelinger Archive for afordable copyright expired and ephemeral films of the mid 20th Century.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
November 07, 2011 01:36PM
You can look at this website: http://www.criticalpast.com/
November 08, 2011 06:40AM
Thanks for the links guys. Didn't know about AP, sent them a mail to establish contact and start talking. Critical Past has a lot of what I'm looking for too.

Yes, there is a budget. It's the search and sourcing which eats up considerable time and thus money too. Appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics