Best operating system for FCP 7

Posted by tomkat 
Best operating system for FCP 7
November 29, 2011 03:19PM
Please help want to load (out of box )fcp 7HD on a clean macpro/intel with os lion will I have a problem. On my old job used FCP 6.5 on Macpro/intel os lepord now on my own need help before I buy software and Mac...staring own busness. Could go with FCPX and new OS LION, just trying to keep cost down and longer have Tech support (just an editor in retrirement trying to stay busy and creative)
Thanks in advance
Re: Best operating system for FCP 7
November 29, 2011 04:08PM
FCP7 will load to lion as i have seen numerous post with people running it that way. Apple has this on their site also. Most of the imacs and up can do the job for this application of use. (2.4 dual and higher / 4gigs ram plus)

However, I might suggest that you go with Adobe Production Premium CS5 or higher. Its much more timeless than fcp7. It handles more with less conversion, rendering or frame rate problems.

I use both FCP7 and Production Premium but i find myself using fcp less overtime. Its more of a fast editor for me but it is still very relevant and i doubt it will be out dated in the next 24 months or so.

[store.apple.com]

[www.adobe.com]

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
November 29, 2011 10:07PM
most people i hear say leopard is the most worry free and easy
November 29, 2011 10:49PM
yeah, i have heard this also. i run all Snow Leopard on all my systems.

apples last few updates where lousy.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
November 30, 2011 09:00AM
We've run FCP 7 with Snow Leopard since 6 months after that platform was released. FCP 7.0.3 with 10.6.8 has been very solid here, as it is also solid with Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2 and Avid Media Composer 6.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
November 30, 2011 02:27PM
Had no issues with FCP in Lion (once Quicktime Pro issues had been sorted due to mismatched versions in System and Library).

Also had no issues under Snow Leopard.

Leopard often had issues with hanging due to coreaudio conflicts funnily enough one happened today at a facilities house I'm working at that hasn't updated past Leopard.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics