Need stock shots/animation of human heart

Posted by harry323 
Need stock shots/animation of human heart
December 12, 2011 02:23PM
Hi there,

I'm cutting an internet infomercial about human heart disease/attacks/etc.

I need to find animation depicting the human heart and - if possible - live video shot inside the heart and the circulatory system which show plaque and whatnot.

I have looked in Artbeats, Footageheads and have Googled but cannot find anything which is a library shot for sale/license.

The people I am working for will pay. I see that Getty Images has some heart beating animations which are $129 for medium res 480x360 15ips which seems reasonable.

But I can't find any "real-live" non-animation shots inside disgusting arteries etc.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Harry,
Re: Need stock shots/animation of human heart
December 12, 2011 02:42PM
Have you tried Googling "medical stock footage"? Sounds to me like your request is so specific that regular stock-footage companies wouldn't serve your needs.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like you're looking for House, M.D.-style, customized creations. The human heart is not easily photographed from the inside. It's not like the gastro-intestinal tract where you can swallow a camera pill. And you're looking for a live human heart, too, which means you're looking for somebody alive -- and healthy enough -- who's willing to risk a cardiac event just to get footage. Even if hospital patients consented to the filming for medical reasons, trying to clear that for other uses...I can't imagine it'd be easy.

www.derekmok.com
December 12, 2011 02:47PM
Yes. I see your point. No person in their right mind wants a camera stuck into their heart!

I guess animation for the heart section will have to be ok, but I want to find some "real" shots of the inside of arteries. I have found an MRI of a working heart which is pretty cool. And have found animation of interior of arteries - but cannot find real arteries.

Thanks for the response, Derek.

Any further ideas welcome.

Best

Harry.
December 13, 2011 03:53PM
i worked on a project that needed similar footage. (not as specific as what you need)
the producers found an obliging doctor.

the footage was b/w, and rather poor quality, with a smaller frame size than Standard Def.

sorry, i threw it out already sad smiley

nick
December 13, 2011 05:43PM
You may try an Human body encyclopedia on DVD.
Some have 3D views.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
December 13, 2011 05:49PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Best

Harry.
December 13, 2011 05:55PM
The best site for 3D = TurboSquid:

[www.turbosquid.com]

enter "heart animation" or "beating heart" in the search and you will find plenty.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 14, 2017 04:57AM
Try Yobi3D, it's a 3D model search engine with a 3D viewer, so you can see what they look like first before downloading.

https://www.yobi3d.com/q/heart?animated=true
August 17, 2017 01:18PM
There are some amazing old educational films over at archive.org.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics