Log and Transfer

Posted by harry323 
Log and Transfer
December 29, 2011 04:48PM
Hi there,

I have loaded a bunch of files off a Canon Vixia to my Mac 8 Core. I'm on FCP v.6.0.6.

Now I am attempting to transcode them to ProRes 422 (23.976p). FCP 6.0.6 doesn't appear to give me any other choice. And since the camera was running at 30fps, I wanted to have "frame blending" on as I normally do in MPEGStreamclip, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

So I took the entire folder containing various files like "Stream" and "ClipInf" and dropped it into the upper window of the LOG AND TRANSFER interface.

However, only 10 clips appeared. There are 32 clips in the folder.

How do I add to this list? Or does Log and Transfer have a 10 clip limit?

Any ideas about starting again and getting some frame blending going here? MPEGStreamclip doesn't want to import the camera files.

Ideas please,

Grrr.

Best,

Harry.
Re: Log and Transfer
December 29, 2011 08:20PM
I've come to the conclusion that this Nazi file importing system is attempting to force me to use FCPX.

So I'm doing that and am now filled with hatred. Grrr.

I have to import it all in ProRes at 30fps and then re-transcode it to 24p.

Boo-Hoo.

Harry.
December 30, 2011 10:04AM
Consider using VoltaicHD to make .mov files from the AVCHD in whichever codec you wish without changing the frame rate. Or Clipwrap with somewhat less flexibility.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
December 30, 2011 10:29AM
Thanks very much for the advice.

Harry.
December 30, 2011 04:03PM
No, log and transfer does not have a 10 clip limit.

And no, you can't change frame rate during log and transfer. However, you could drop it in an FCP timeline and FcP will drop the additional frames. That or you could import it into Avid and you can tweak the speed tool for different options including frame blending.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 31, 2011 01:41AM
Panasonic makes a free AVCCAM QuickTime importer. You can use it to open the clips in QuickTime, MPEG Streamclip or Compressor and transcode them to whatever format you want.

[eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 31, 2011 06:51PM
I don't think the AVCCAM Importer QuickTime plug-in will work with harry323's Canon Vixia files, nor with my Panasonic HDS-HS700 files. Panasonic states: "AVCHD clips recorded on equipment other than AVCCAM products will not be handled properly." So much for AVCHD standardization.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
December 31, 2011 07:12PM
AVCHD files from a Canon Vixia shouldn't even take any additional plugin to import. FCP should have its own AVCHD plugin that recognizes that. The problem is likely to be something else, probably the file structure.

www.derekmok.com
January 01, 2012 02:17PM
I downloaded the Panasonic thing. Suddenly the Vixia files are viewable from the desktop in the normal fashion by hitting the space bar and MPEG Streamclip accepts them. This means I can transcode, drop the frames to get from 30 to 24 and use the frame blending in one step.

Thank you all very much for the advice.

Best for the New Year,

Harry.
January 04, 2012 08:55PM
Great! It worked for me too. After installing the Panasonic AVCCAM Importer QT plug-in, QT can open .mts files (1080 p50, and made in a non-AVCCAM camera) and then transcode them. The transcode results should not differ from Clipwrap's (which uses QT too), but now with more transcoding options. Thanks Jon and all.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics