Compressor vs timeline gamma settings - Do they over-ride concantate or double up.

Posted by Ethan 
Compressor vs timeline gamma settings - Do they over-ride concantate or double up.
January 12, 2012 02:37PM
I worked with gamma managed automatically in my timeline. Guy compressing my BR told me to turn that off. Im not so happy with the results. Im thinking he meant in compressor. Where it might be set correctly for the first image only.

IF I use the auto Gamma in the timeline how does using or not using the same setting when I use compressor to export to a ProRes 4444 file?

Ethan@advantagevideosystems.com

[www.advantagevideosystems.com]
[www.imdb.com]
[ethan-editor.blogspot.com] (My Reel)

GOING TO NAB2018? USE OUR FREE CODE:LV8875
And visit our booth in South Lower Hall @ SL14916
Re: Compressor vs timeline gamma settings - Do they over-ride concantate or double up.
January 12, 2012 06:20PM
How do you work with automatic gamma correction in FCP? Does it even do anything useful? I'm not sure that FCP works with managed color spaces at all.

www.strypesinpost.com
I'm not in front of my main computer right now but the gamma settings only apply to still images and RGB media if I recall correctly.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics