Will FCP 7 upgrade From S.L. to Lion?

Posted by marsmock 
Will FCP 7 upgrade From S.L. to Lion?
January 22, 2012 12:53AM
Hello, I am new to LAFCPUG. I have a question concerning FCP 7. So I am running FCP 7 on Snow Leopard on a 2011 MacBook Pro 15. I have three projects to cut, one being a doco. I want to purchase some plugins for this but all together they will run me around $500.00. I don't know if I want to do this. Will my FCP 7 work if I upgrade to Lion? I am not going to FCP X. I really need to know this before I pull the trigger on these plug ins or upgrading to Lion. Thank you.
Re: Will FCP 7 upgrade From S.L. to Lion?
January 22, 2012 02:51AM
Yes, FCP 7 works fine on Lion. I'm running that here right now.

January 22, 2012 02:32PM
Make sure you're running 7.0.3. I found 7.0.0 to be unstable for me on Lion.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 23, 2012 12:16AM
Are there any benefits in upgrading to Lion from Snow Lepoard in regards to the FCP 7 suite?
January 23, 2012 04:46AM
None that I've found. It feels exactly the same.

January 23, 2012 05:11AM
I think if you like the general improvements and wot not in Lion then go for it.

I've been on Lion for a long while now and prefer it to SL apart from a couple of really minor things.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics