Choice of editing monitor

Posted by marsmock 
Choice of editing monitor
January 22, 2012 01:01AM
Hello, I am currently shopping for a monitor for color correction on my FCP 7. I only have $400.00 budget for this. Any recommendations? ASUS? Samsung? Model numbers? Thank you.
Re: Choice of editing monitor
January 22, 2012 09:26PM
That'll get you an HDTV...as you know. Not sure how many people use that for accurate color correction. Anything that low end anyway.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 23, 2012 11:35AM
For LCD, you can look at the HP ZR24W, which is an S-IPS screen (accurate colors for print)
[www.bhphotovideo.com]

However, if you want to do color correction, I'd recommend a Panasonic Plasma, even the cheapest one will be better for color correction: [www.pcrichard.com]

But obviously you would need some kind of video output card like the Blackmagic intensity pro to connect to it and view it in proper video color space.

David grinning smiley
January 23, 2012 02:11PM
Dell makes reasonably priced monitors, but, as stated above, you need a video output card too.

Harry.
January 23, 2012 08:02PM
Matrox is supposed to make a gamma/colorspace-correcting display box, the MXO, yes, Shane? Originally optimized for the 23" aluminum Cinema Display, one of the best products Apple ever promptly discontinued. Worked with other LCD's as well.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Summon your Video Scopes with Option - 9 !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
January 23, 2012 08:08PM
We use a Panasonic Plasma. If you know someone with a professional monitor, they can come in and you can match it to their color bars and you have an awfully good large way to monitor color for not too much.
January 24, 2012 11:23AM
Loren, the MXO is OLD. OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD. NO longer made nor sold. It did turn a computer display into a great color grading monitor. But, no more. And they are not, as far as I know, making another one. Even if I did know, I couldn't comment. But, I don't know about that.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 24, 2012 03:41PM
I have been using the MXO2 box for some time now to a Sony Bravia XBR. While I am not a professional colorist, I have had excellent results with this system and the MXO2 has worked flawlessly. Just waiting for X's, hopefully worthwhile, update so that Matrox can update the firmware to allow external monitoring off of X as well as 7.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
January 25, 2012 06:22AM
Yeah, that's the model I meant. Good news.

Thanks, folks.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Summon your Video Scopes with Option - 9 !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics