Had to use clients camera ,need help with Final Cut settings

Posted by trajan 
Had to use clients camera ,need help with Final Cut settings
January 24, 2012 01:03PM
I am shooting usually in DVpro. This time I was forced to use the clients cameras which are AVCHD. The problem is: I can FCP7 not get to show all angels when play in multicam viewer. As soon as I click the play button the active angle enlarges, plays fine, but I NEED TO SEE ALL ANGLES at the same time. With DV footage everything is fine all windows(4) show and play in sync.
Any idea how to get the AVCHD files to do the same would be great!

Thanks
Re: Had to use clients camera ,need help with Final Cut settings
January 24, 2012 05:30PM
Did you post this on Apple Forums too?

Convert to ProRes. Use Log and Transfer to do this.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 24, 2012 07:26PM
Thanks a lot. The files are converted right now, will take a little, I hope I know more tomorrow, I will let you know.

P.S. Yes it is me in the Apple forum, before I realized that it is a file problem, I didn't want to bother anyone here...

P.P.S. Shane, did I understand you right in the Apple forum, that the Thunderbolt drive might be to slow???
January 24, 2012 10:03PM
by the way - Premiere Pro reads those natively - if you have the adobe suite just drag the mts files into a bin - it plays - no log and transfer - no transcoding
January 25, 2012 11:17AM
Shane,
you where right! The Thunderbolt is to slow, but I found a workaround. I splitted the 4 files over two Thunderbolt drives (each has two on it now) that seems to work!
Thanks for the help!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics