Re: Color Balance Won't Work

Posted by bmart 
February 06, 2012 05:34PM
Hello FCP'ers

FCP 7.0.3

OK, I've tried all the suggestions and even went through a lengthy reinstall but color balance and all video filters will not work. If I export the file to "Color" and make adjustments then send it back to FCP I can adjust color no problem. Rendering in "Color" takes forever. I'd like to make color corrections within FCP like I used to. Sorry to be a bother but this is driving me to Merlot!

Barry
February 06, 2012 06:18PM
Since you've done a full re-install, this is a long shot, but go to Sequence > Settings > Render Control tab > and check there is a tick in 'filters'.

February 06, 2012 06:26PM
Jude, that was brilliant! Thank you. All is good ... but I'm still headed for the Merlot.

Thanks again.

Barry
February 06, 2012 06:37PM
Worth noting that on a reinstall or when installing Blackmagic drivers that your user preferences and most of your prefs in general are reset.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me in FCP7 is the default setting of Realtime audio tracks to 8 and low! Thats the 1999 FCP1 setting!

The amount of old Avid editors that still complain that FCP can't handle many realtime audio tracks is hopefully negligible but I still find myself showing even seasoned FCP editors this!

Put it up to 99 and High!!!

Also stick your playback settings to unlimited when offlining otherwise you'll be rendering basic stuff that most modern Macs cut though like a hot GPU through cling-wrap even on our old 32bit friend.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 06, 2012 08:01PM
Wow - I'm surprised that it persisted through a reinstall - guess it was getting prefs from somewhere that doesn't get replaced. Anyway - glad it worked. I'd join in the Merlot but it's only 10am, and the neighbours would talk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics