FCPX and FCP7 living on the same iMac with Lion OS

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
FCPX and FCP7 living on the same iMac with Lion OS
February 06, 2012 07:39PM
Question.... I am on the verge of getting the latest greates iMac 27" loaded with RAM. I understand that the new iMac comes with the Lion operating system.... Can I have both FCPX and my older FCP7 both loaded and operational on the same iMac computer? I would use only one at a time and not try to integrate the programs together.
Re: FCPX and FCP7 living on the same iMac with Lion OS
February 06, 2012 08:01PM
Yes.

February 07, 2012 04:02PM
I have FCP7, FCPX, Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Avid so I would agree with Jude winking smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Anonymous User
February 07, 2012 07:43PM
Ben.... thanks for your input.... Couple of quick questions..... are you using an iMac? .....did you need to partition your hard drive?
February 08, 2012 04:43AM
You don't need to partition your drives. Both should work fine on your iMac.

February 08, 2012 06:53PM
Ditto - if you were moving from Snow Leopard then I'd recommend a full separate disk backup and install on the new drive. However because you are already there then there is no need!

Be sure to get some fast external storage for your media drives though! Thunderbolt or FireWire 800 RAID.

I really like Lion and have been using it since it was released.

Also there are number of ways to use both FCPX and FCP7 in the same work-flow so don't worry about what you need or want to use.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics