FCP won't transfer my 640cropped clips

Posted by LKennedy 
FCP won't transfer my 640cropped clips
March 07, 2012 07:45PM
I can't transfer these clips. They are shot on my Canon550D (T2i) at 640cropped 50fps. I have no trouble ingesting any other size footage. The reel just wont appear in the log and transfer box. Is there a setting somewhere that I have to change?

Lyndel
Re: FCP won't transfer my 640cropped clips
March 07, 2012 08:11PM
Did you copy the complete file structure from the memory card? If you didn't, you should redo the copy, or you'll have to use Compressor or MPEG Streamclip to convert the H.264 files -- and lose timecode and metadata options.

www.derekmok.com
Re: FCP won't transfer my 640cropped clips
March 07, 2012 08:29PM
Thanks for your prompt answer Derek.

Yes I did copy the complete file (several times out of frustration). I have been transferring files for many years, but this is my first experiment with the cropped640 image out of the camera. I just can't work out why it wont show. In fact there is other footage on the same reel that was shot in 1080 and those show in the transfer browser, but the cropped clips have not been dropped in. However theses clips are in the reels when I look at the footage straight off the file, without FCP.

So is it known that the canon plug-in cannot handle the cropped images? That's annoying. I don't have streamclip, but using compressor, I've never had to do it that way before... another new learning curve!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics