Arri Alexa Workflow

Posted by Ethan 
Arri Alexa Workflow
March 07, 2012 11:26PM
In March I am starting a project shot on the Arri Alexa, we'll be shooting in LogC. I want to set up the easiest fastest workflow...dont we all.

I have been looking into, Nick Shaw?s FCP 7 plugin for viewing ARRI ALEXA LogC. Which uses some preset LUt's setup by NS I gather.

There is also somethign called Blubell, but it looks dicey. It uses LUts created from the Arri webtool and Color.

I am open to any suggestions. Also I am looking for an Asisstant Editor to do this work in Akron, OH (We Need to Hire a Local) between March 18th-April 9th.

Ethan@advantagevideosystems.com

[www.advantagevideosystems.com]
[www.imdb.com]
[ethan-editor.blogspot.com] (My Reel)

GOING TO NAB2018? USE OUR FREE CODE:LV8875
And visit our booth in South Lower Hall @ SL14916
Re: Arri Alexa Workflow
March 08, 2012 05:40AM
I haven't worked with the Arri Alexa yet, but I'm interested in the workflow. There are some tools that you could look at:

LUT Buddy:
[www.redgiantsoftware.com]

Nor sure how about applying a filter on all your clips during offline editing. However, I guess you can batch export them with the LUT applied and later conform it in the Resolve.

Resolve Lite:

I am wondering if it is possible to do a 1 light in the Resolve Lite and then conform it back to the raw Arri files for the grade. Haven't done this before, but it could be an option...

www.strypesinpost.com
March 11, 2012 04:27PM
Oliver Peters is getting into Alexa on his blog. Some nice stuff there overall.

[digitalfilms.wordpress.com]
March 12, 2012 10:44AM
For starters, go straight to the source:

[www.arri.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics