Beauty Box

Posted by alquimista 
Beauty Box
March 22, 2012 01:29AM
Has anyone used Beauty Box? Is it the plugin of choice for fixing an actor's complexion, for in this case, music video work? Thanks! Open to other, possibly better suggestions.
Re: Beauty Box
March 22, 2012 09:55AM
You will still have to track matte the face with beauty box. I have not used it but i have seen it used. Its an overall softener that targets the skin tone range.
However, the skin tone range is also in the rest of the frame and that is effected also.

The same could be accomplished by ...

Keyframing a feathered travel/track matte to follow the face then CC the matte and then add some light Gaussian or Lens blur.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
March 22, 2012 04:55PM
I use FAST EMA and DIGITAL COVERUP from sheffieldsoftworks.com. They do as good, are cheaper, and render a WHOLE LOT faster. A 15 second shot will take 20-30 min with BeautyBox. With Fast EMA...like 4 minutes. And when you have a lot of interviews to fix, that's time savings!

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 05, 2012 12:23AM
Thank you! And thanks Shane for the advice and tutorial on getting footage from the t2i into FCP. I shot with the 5D at 1920/1080 and the T2i at 1280/720. Output will be 1280/720. Would you edit at 1280/720 timeline or 1920/1080?
April 05, 2012 12:30AM
Shane, have you used the regular EMA as well? Or only the fast version...
April 05, 2012 11:19AM
I have both, but only use the FAST version now. It's as good, but 2-3 times faster.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 05, 2012 06:15PM
Okay great... thanks! Shopping time then. Happy Easter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics