Copy Master Clip Dialog Box

Posted by conniex 
Copy Master Clip Dialog Box
March 23, 2012 04:21AM
Hi, I have another question please.

When I copy and paste a clip from one sequence to another, a dialog box appears called "Copy Master Clip". It says "A master clip already exists for the clip you are adding, but some of its properties do not match those of the clip you are adding. Choose how you want to resolve this conflict from the options below". I then have the option of using the properties of either the clip I'm adding or else the existing clip in the project. This didn't exist when I was using a slightly earlier version and, honestly, I don't understand it.

The 'conflict' is that there is a comment in the clip I'm adding, and not in the 'existing clip'. I'm not bothered about it. At the bottom of the window is a check box with the option to "Apply to all added clips with clip property conflicts". However, even though I have this checked, the dialog box comes up every single time I copy and paste a clip from one sequence to the other. It's very boring... am I doing something wrong, and how do I resolve the problem please?

Many thanks in advance.

Connie

FCP Version 6.0.6

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Re: Copy Master Clip Dialog Box
March 23, 2012 04:31AM
NB I'm copying and pasting the clips within the same project.
March 24, 2012 05:10AM
Has anyone else come across this problem please/ I really need to sort it out. Thanks.
March 24, 2012 05:30AM
All I can think is that you have several clips all named exactly the same. If not, it's probably time for a good cleanup with somehting like Digital Rebellion's maintenece tools. There's a free trial, but it's well worth the purhcase.

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics