iMac anti-reflective glass

Posted by Hauffen 
iMac anti-reflective glass
April 02, 2012 10:04AM
If this rumor is true, it would mean either one of two things: the MacPro is gone for good, and that Apple wants to keep its audio-visual professional users.
[www.appleinsider.com]

Non-glossy iMacs has been a regular complaint; good thing that Apple seems to still listen to us. I might get one of those rumored iMac to replace my ancient desktop for FCP use, as many here are already doing.

Alberto
Re: iMac anti-reflective glass
April 02, 2012 01:18PM
Not sure why non glossy screens will draw back the video market considering how FCP X almost decimated it, or how an anti reflective glass on the iMac will kill the Mac Pro. The move to Nvidia chips is quite welcome, and I will be looking to getting that as an upgrade to make better use of my Adobe suite (hopefully Cs6 by then).

www.strypesinpost.com
April 03, 2012 08:22AM
A new iMac at the top of the line to replace the MacPro might be good. Especially together with one of those Sonnet expansion chassis to be released soon. If that doesn't pan out, then either a custom built PC or perhaps something like this:

[www.promax.com]
April 07, 2012 01:38PM
Right, buy an iMac to clutter your desktop with expansion boxes.

The Mac Pro is absolutely sine qua non for serious affordable video post. The upgradeable design is sex on a stick.

Good enough reason to kill it, I guess. :-(

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Invoke the big TimeCode Viewer with Control -T !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 07, 2012 03:47PM
Yes, unfortunately. The internal MacPro add-ons that we were used to don't seem to be in Mac's future. Good thing that most pro video hardware vendors are switching to cable "pluggables." I may grab a current MacPro before they're gone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics