Posted by ClayC 
Another Game Changer
April 17, 2012 11:50AM
Unreal but real..

[www.blackmagic-design.com]

Goodbye DSLR.
Re: Another Game Changer
April 17, 2012 12:13PM
Huge year for BMD. Did you also hear of the $2K Teranex modules? That and the hyperdeck studio pro.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 17, 2012 07:32PM
So glad to see the screen hood. Those LCDs are impossible in the field when it's sunny here.

And I like that you get Resolve as well - if you were going to buy Resolve, it's almost like throwing in the camera for nearly nix, or visa versa, I suppose. And yeah - the price falls on Smoke and Teranex are awesome. NAB seems packed with goodness this year.

April 19, 2012 02:24PM
I wonder how you'd transcode the DNG to ProRes other than using Photoshop or the Resolve.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 19, 2012 06:52PM
Looks great but its missing hdmi out. Maybe everyone is moving to sdi after all.

love the thunderbolt out option though.

It doesn't look very good for handheld operation but i am sure a kit is coming.

You can't beat it for the price of the package.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
April 19, 2012 10:04PM
HDMI OUT? Sure there is:

OR...

Looks like a cool retro comfy handheld:

Looks like a big WINNER to me. Blackmagic kicked a$$ this year @ NAB.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 19, 2012 10:55PM
SDI is preferable to HDMI. Most camera guys would prefer shoulder mounted cameras over handheld, and weight definitely helps stability. There are some notable design flaws, such as non removable batteries (not so cool in the field), no genlock, no in built scopes. BMD, however, certainly know what they are doing on the back end- TRS balanced analog audio, switchable with AES inputs, ProRes/DNxHD recording, RAW recording to an open standard (DNG), thunderbolt and SDI output for recording to 3rd party device. All these makes it very friendly to the back end. Of course, adding the free Resolve license and free Ultrascopes make it quite a good deal (the camera costs merely hundreds when you're looking to get a Resolve and Ultrascopes for your post department.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics