v2 format

Posted by Delphinus 
v2 format
April 18, 2012 12:38AM
Hi all:
I was sent a movie file from France that came in as a v2 file. I use several excellent converters, but two don't recognize it and the third program converts all the way to 98% before the computer crashes.

MacBookPro
Dual Intel 2.16
2 GB Memory
OS X 10.6.8

I can't find decent information about the v2 format. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Stan
Re: v2 format
April 18, 2012 06:01AM
V2 sounds suspiciously like version 2. What codec does the program that can open it report it to be? I mean, is it called filename.v2? Or does something else tell you the codec is called v2?

April 18, 2012 08:59AM
As far as I know there is no such thing as a v2 format. Try adding .mov on the end and see if it opens with Quicktime 7...then do a "Command/I" to get the file info.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 18, 2012 09:01AM
...could be this:

[en.wikipedia.org]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 18, 2012 10:35AM
Thank you all for the information. After the seventh try I was able to convert the file. It came in as a v2 but when successfully converted, it ended up as a filenamev2.mov. Strange, but it turned out OK. In reality, I think the crashing was because these MacBookPro Intel machines get very very hot and shut down or crash when they reach a certain temperature. I waited until the morning when the computer was cold and did the conversion first, before it could heat up, and it went through. Thank you all for the advice.
Stan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics