Waveform display is messed up

Posted by JoeE 
Waveform display is messed up
April 26, 2012 01:41PM
When I double click or match clip on a audio clip to load it in the viewer I'm not getting a waveform much of the time, just a blank audio view. I've trashed prefs and caches and it made no difference. Anyone know why this would be happening? And only happening like 75% of the time. With multitrack clips that I've matched clipped into the viewer, sometime I'll be able to see the waveform for track A1 but not for A2-4. Tough to work this way!
Re: Waveform display is messed up
April 26, 2012 01:48PM
Dump Waveform Cache and then relaunch Final Cut Pro. And you're sure those audio clips do have audio?

www.derekmok.com
April 26, 2012 01:52PM
Yeah, I've done that a few times. It doesn't help. And yes, the clips have audio.... all this show is is people talking for hours smiling smiley
April 26, 2012 02:10PM
Actually, I found the problem. I had another waveform cache file folder on an attached hard drive! Thanks for suggesting I dump it again.... never would have found it otherwise.
April 26, 2012 02:13PM
> I had another waveform cache file folder on an attached hard drive!

Another thing to try would have been to make the file offline and then reconnect. I think that should force FCP to make new waveform files for the media, which would then send it to the location you specified in your current preferences, rather than some mysterious location you hadn't wanted.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics