OT miss the banter

Posted by Jim Long 
OT miss the banter
April 26, 2012 07:02PM
The saddest thing about the FPCX fiasco is the pale it has cast over this forum. I really miss the humor. wit, wisdom, and charm the banter would provide.
Jim
Re: OT miss the banter
April 26, 2012 07:22PM
Cant argue. Miss it too. One of the reasons is we have infrequent folks actually using the app visit this froum. That must change in order to get back to where we should be. Just helping each other out, without emotion and with wit and humor. It is after all, after all this time, just another tool.

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 26, 2012 11:20PM
Here it is...

Oh, wait.. BANTER. Sorry.

Mind you, maybe it's time to retire the pony, since we never got the pony. We could have a LAFCPUG Bantam. SO fluffy.

April 26, 2012 11:41PM
It's a damn good start Jude

::-)

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 27, 2012 07:20AM
I've been saying that about the post production community as a whole over the past year. The worst thing about the FCP X fiasco is that it's turned people against each other. "You're with us or against us" if you don't like a particular tool and if they don't like what you say, then they have to disparage both you and your work.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
April 27, 2012 09:20AM
FCPX is a catalyst that made us think...that getting too comfortable with one tool is not such a good thing. It made me personally update my Avid tools which I have not done in 9 years. It HAS pulled us all away from these forums. This was our home for a long time...like a big family. Now we are all just the crazy cousins that see each other only on Thanksgiving and Christmas (maybe).

Damn you Apple thumbs up sad smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 27, 2012 09:31AM
walterbiscardi
"You're with us or against us" if you don't like a particular tool and if they don't like what you say, then they have to disparage both you and your work.

And that right there is why I decided to stay out of the whole FCPX fray. I have consulted on FCPX projects, got a director started on his own ultra low budget shoot/edit/finish FCPX project. I have opinions but I couldn't care any less about the taking of sides, short term or long term vision, good, bad, whatever. People getting emotional and angry about software SOFTWARE! is disheartening.

<cantankerous/on> It's bad enough that the same category of software is partly responsible for the existence of Shahs of Sunset. Your editing software would have to have been coded by Gandhi and Albert Schweitzer to offset the negative moral footprint of putting that out into the world.
It's all, in the words of the fictionalized version of Johnny Rotten, "Boring Sidney, very boring".<cantankerous/off>

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 28, 2012 01:50AM
I do pay attention to discussion on FCP X, because if it becomes good someday, and there is need to learn it, I will learn it. Software is software, and we all can have opinions on it. For now, I don't see it fitting into my work, but I am incredibly curious about the professionals actually using it in a broadcast environment, and I would like to know especially how they media manage with it.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 28, 2012 06:05PM
I do pay attention to discussion on FCP X, because if it becomes good someday,

But FCPX is good is it great maybe not and maybe it is for many or some.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics