My new audio monitors

Posted by harry323 
My new audio monitors
April 30, 2012 07:20PM
Good Evening, Happy Editors.

I have just installed a new audio monitoring system and tested the audio/video sync with a pop on the audio and a flash on my external picture monitor.

The picture monitor is fed by a Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme card, and the audio monitoring comes out of the Mac via USB and through a Digidesign M Box 2 Mini.

I am finding that the sound now lags by 3 frames.

Is there any way of fine tuning the video output from FCP (v.6.0.6)? I have messed around with SYSTEM SETTINGS > PLAYBACK CONTROL > FRAME OFFSET which defaults to 4 frames. But even if I enter a crazy 30 frame offset in this FCP box, there is no difference. So perhaps "Playback Control - Frame offset" is not what I should be playing with.

Other than editing everything out of sync in the TIMELINE and then pulling it all into sync at the end of the edit, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might DELAY PICTURE by about 3 frames so that is in sync when I am editing? Then I could remove that offset at final EXPORT. I would prefer to find some global solution rather than be editing out of sync in the Timeline.

Any thoughts welcome,

Many thanks,

Harry.
Re: My new audio monitors
April 30, 2012 08:04PM
>The picture monitor is fed by a Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme card, and the audio monitoring comes out of the Mac via USB
>and through a Digidesign M Box 2 Mini.

That's one sure way to get things out of sync. Audio has to follow video always. What inputs do you have on the speaker? The BMD Decklink HD Extreme does balanced XLR outputs which should suit any professional audio monitor. Send the signal through that if you can.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: My new audio monitors
April 30, 2012 08:16PM
Thank you very much for the reply, Strypes.

I will re-route the sound through the Blackmagic card per your advice.

Best

Harry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics