Random capture settings

Posted by Mike Hardcastle 
Random capture settings
May 20, 2012 05:26PM
FCP seems to be changing my capture settings at random. I am digitizing pillarboxed PAL SD from BetaSP and Digibeta using a Sony J3 for playback. The capture settings I want are:
Digitizer: Matrox HDTV 1080
Compressor: Apple ProRes 422
Input: Matrox MX02 Mini - 1080i 50 YUV 10-bit

Most of the time, it's fine - and then completely at random it changes and a clip decides to come in at 720p 50fps. When I check the capture settings, this is what I see:
Digitizer: Matrox HDTV 1080
Compressor: Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2
Input: Matrox MX02 Mini - 720p 50 YUV 8-bit

I change them back to how they should be, re-open Log and Capture, check the settings again - and they're back on the 720P.

As far as I can see, if the Digitizer is set to 1080, it should be impossible to set the Input to 720, which makes it even more weird.

I've had a good look around this forum but can't find anything remotely similar. I also posted over at the Matrox forum but their support guy hadn't heard of it before. His advice was to re-install FCP. I haven't done that because it's been stable for quite a few weeks. Then this morning? here it is again.

Any thoughts ? I am running Preference Manager so I don't think it's a matter of trashing prefs. User error ? Male bantam in the works ?

FCP 7.0.3, OSX 10.6.8, 2.8 Quad Xeon, 10Gig RAM, Matrox MX02 Mini, 12TB Stardom RAID 5.
Re: Random capture settings
May 20, 2012 07:17PM
Just a wild stab - what is your 'easy setup' set to? Maybe it's defaulting to that sometimes.

May 20, 2012 07:35PM
Thanks for the thought, Jude, but the Easy Setup is correct:
Matrox MX02 Mini - Apple ProRes 422 1080i 50 48kHz

After I put up my post earlier this morning, I went to have a cup of coffee. When I came back all was well and I've been digitizing all morning.
May 20, 2012 09:46PM
Weird. I had a similar thing the other day. Out of the blue some clips had come in as Motion Jpeg. That's a setting I never choose. I figured it might be something to do with Lion, but you're not on Lion. Of course, it could also have been me being stressed and hitting the wrong button. It hasn't happened since.

May 20, 2012 10:05PM
Looking on the bright side, at least the "fix" (ie - a cup of coffee) isn't too arduous. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics