Problems with file size when media managing a file in FCP for color correction

Posted by rpearlster 
Problems with file size when media managing a file in FCP for color correction
May 31, 2012 09:43PM
HI,

I'm trying to media manage a 2.5 minute project shot on the 5D (ProRes 422 HQ files 1920x1080) to send for color correction. The original media used is about 300 GB but the exported sequence yields a Quicktime of about 2 GB full resolution.

When I use the media manager to copy and create a new project and media with all unused media deleted, it says it will give me a file of media of about 16 GB. that seems too large and is definitely too large to send to my DP to color correct. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using FCP 7.0.3 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8.

Thanks!

Rachel
Re: Problems with file size when media managing a file in FCP for color correction
June 01, 2012 03:16AM
One possibility is the first export you did-- was that self-contained or a reference movie?

Or it could be the managed file shows total media including handles or clips referenced outside the selected sequence-- have you done a QT export from the new project?

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:

Open A/V Settings with Command-Option-Q !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Problems with file size when media managing a file in FCP for color correction
June 02, 2012 08:42AM
do all your clips have reel numbers?
if not, Media Manager won't trim them.

nick
June 02, 2012 08:43AM
of course you can add reel numbers retrospectively, so you should be able to get it down.
thanks! As soon as I wrote this I discoved a discussion in the FAQ. Workds fine now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics