What software do you recommend for backing up projects?

Posted by Joe Riggs 
What software do you recommend for backing up projects?
June 14, 2012 07:26PM
I?m looking for an app that will help me back up a project to another drive as I modify aspects at the finder lever. Therefore, when I add a folder to Drive 1, it will add it in the exact same area in Drive 2.

Thank you
Re: What software do you recommend for backing up projects?
June 14, 2012 07:45PM
Get a RAID 1 array.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 15, 2012 09:24AM
I have 2 RAID "1" arrays - a work unit (1 TB) and a backup only unit (3 TB). I use Time Machine built into the Mac OS - works perfectly and I have redundant backup all around.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 15, 2012 02:20PM
A RAID 1 array would be nice. However, typically the client will supply with 2 (non RAID) drives, one for the project and one for back up and they expect me to use those drives. Are there other options besides Time Machine, I'm actually on a Windows machine for this project?
June 18, 2012 12:40PM
As far as the client supplying drives and expecting you to use them, even if they are cheapskates, in pre-pro it is our responsibility as Post Production peeps to recommend and suggest safe alternate solutions to safeguard their data for the work unit and backup unit - and RAID "1" is an inexpensive no-brainer. Just duplicate the project over via FW800.

No recommendations for Windows, I'm afraid (never touch the stuff). You may want to check a Windows-based Editing Forum like Avid or (Adobe) Premiere.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics