Sequence frame size doesn't look same as source

Posted by ErikR 
Sequence frame size doesn't look same as source
June 17, 2012 02:31PM
I'm sure this is a silly question, but I'm not an FCP expert. My source footage is 1920x1080 at Apple ProRes 422. I made my sequence settings the same. But when I cut the footage into the sequence, there's an obvious difference on my screen.

Both are viewed at 50%, but the sequence size is smaller and has extra black at the top and bottom. Is there another setting I should be monkeying with?
Re: Sequence frame size doesn't look same as source
June 17, 2012 02:42PM
Check "distort" settings in the "motion" tab?

Graeme
June 17, 2012 02:48PM
June 17, 2012 02:58PM
The Distort setting is a symptom, not the disease. Your Sequence Settings are wrong. Remove all clips from the Sequence (unless you've already edited), go into Sequence Settings, and check them. My bet is that you missed the Pixel Aspect Ratio setting. Use the Load Sequence Preset button on the lower left to call up FCP's own default ProRes settings. Either you missed something in Sequence Settings, or you missed something in the clip settings.

www.derekmok.com
June 17, 2012 03:17PM
Not sure what I changed, but it's working now. I did change the clips that were already in the timeline by changing the Aspect Ratio to 0 in the Distort settings. When I cut a new piece in, it looked ok.

Thanks
June 17, 2012 03:23PM
> Not sure what I changed, but it's working now. I did change the clips that were already in the timeline by changing the Aspect Ratio to 0 in the Distort settings.

You're being a bit careless. You still need to figure out what happened. Perhaps that one clip had wrong settings, which is something you need to fix. Changing the Distort setting simply corrects one clip...and right now, you're not even sure whether it's the clip or Sequence that went wrong. So you could be slicing off a toe to fit the shoe.

www.derekmok.com
June 17, 2012 03:27PM
When I'm cutting in the clips now, they are the proper aspect. Right now the Compressor, Frame Size and Aspect match between clips and sequence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics