Increasing All Volume Levels

Posted by Daniel B. 
Increasing All Volume Levels
July 31, 2012 10:48PM
Hi Everybody!
I know the answer to this is probably simple, yet I couldn't find a site to describe it. We're using FCP 7, and we need to increase the volume on all audio tracks. That's it!

As a secondary question, which I've actually asked before, but I need to get confirmation, what should the VU meter be averaging at? Is the VU meter measuring decibels?

Thank you all so very much!
Bye,
Daniel
Re: Increasing All Volume Levels
July 31, 2012 10:55PM
one simple approach:

select all in the timeline, then use keyboard short-cuts to raise / lower the volume:

Control - /= to raise lower by 1db
Control [ / ] to raise lower by 3db

one thing, though: if you have some clips that are maxed out already, (at +12db) they WONT bet any louder, so they will appear relatively quitter when you raise everything else.

an approach to this would be to drag your edit sequence into a new sequence (with matching settings) and simple raise the volume of the nested sequence.
very simple!

nick
July 31, 2012 11:54PM
Thanks Nick! I knew it would be easy!

Bye,
Daniel
August 01, 2012 02:22AM
That or hit opt 6 to bring up the audio mixer and ad gain to the master out.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 01, 2012 05:48AM
. . . you could also export the sequence as audio only, re-import that audio and boost it as single track, disabling the initials while still keeping them for further revisions, adjustments,

Bluey,
August 01, 2012 02:33PM
.....or you could use the audio gain filter, adjust on one clip. Copy that clip, delete the filter and paste attributes to all audio.

That way anything maxed out gets gain added.

But I'd go with the master gain thing first if it works for you. That was a great thing about FCP, so many ways to do stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics