Trouble switching audio channels with multiclips in FCP7

Posted by justin Richard 
Trouble switching audio channels with multiclips in FCP7
September 19, 2012 02:51PM
Hi,

Can't seem to switch audio channels on multiclips that in a sequence timeline.

I double click the clip on the timeline to place it in the viewer then use the audio scroll menu to select the audio channel IE: A3, even though the checkmark on the menu remains put on the selection, the audio dose not change. This is evident by the green box outline in the multiclip viewer.

What to do?

Thanks,

Justin
Re: Trouble switching audio channels with multiclips in FCP7
September 20, 2012 10:33AM
click the playhead sync button in the middle above the multiclip viewer, select audio, all. you could also apple-L separate the audio and video tracks, that may help

Bluey,
Re: Trouble switching audio channels with multiclips in FCP7
September 20, 2012 07:31PM
If you are talking about "audio>A3", that setting enables you to change track 3. Then after setting that, you need to change the camera angle in the multicam window. Then the audio track will change.

I just tried it on track 2, and it seems to mess around with something in FCP- the only thing I can change after that operation is track 2. I can't change track 1 after I have changed track 2, no matter what I set. Probably a bug, or my project may be corrupt.

Anyway, having different audio tracks (split mic-ing) on different angles and switching between audio on different cameras is a bit of a pain, unless you are switching both the cameras and the audio. You also can't see what you are doing.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics