File error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown

Posted by john 
File error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown
September 24, 2012 02:19AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to bring a Quicktime movie into my final cut project and I'm getting the message "File error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown". My FCP project is uncompressed 10 bit SD and the file is DV.

I can play the DV file in quicktime. It's possible that the file was exported from a different version of FCP / different OS. Any idea why I'm getting this error / how to get around it?

thanks smiling smiley

FCP 7.0
macbook pro mid 2008
OSX 10.6.8
Re: File error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown
September 24, 2012 05:30AM
> It's possible that the file was exported from a different version of FCP / different OS.

I'd find that highly unlikely. QuickTime files have stayed relatively constant throughout the years and even 10-year-old QuickTime files should import with no problems. (It'd be more likely to happen if the file was exported, say, from a PC) The codec should also be irrelevant, because usually a missing codec will result in the file importing successfully, but playing back as a blank screen. The error you're getting usually means a corruption of some kind, or an incomplete file (reference movie instead of self-contained, missing its source media). Try resaving or re-exporting the file through either Compressor or QuickTime Player.

www.derekmok.com
Re: File error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown
October 14, 2012 03:07PM
Thanks Derek smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics