iPad Control Console for FCP 7/X and PPro

Posted by strypes 
iPad Control Console for FCP 7/X and PPro
October 24, 2012 03:20AM
Re: iPad Control Console for FCP 7/X and PPro
October 24, 2012 05:26AM
Until then, there's this...
[www.neyrinck.com]

I was thinking of getting a used v1 iPad just for this purpose. I borrow my wife's iPad when i am mixing, if I can. Having "flying faders" in Logic is such a boon to efficiency and workflow.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 24, 2012 06:38AM
I have played with a couple of iPad apps that do this sort of thing. The problem for me is the iPad is a flat featureless surface that was designed to be seen as you operate it. It is difficult to land your fingers in the right place without looking away from the interface. With a keyboard you do very little looking at your hands as you can feel the edges of the keys.

Perhaps with constant use you could train your muscle memory, but generally I would prefer a hardware version I think.
October 24, 2012 08:01AM
i saw the neyrinck just recently, and was interested, as my wonderful alpha track single-fader controller recently stopped working sad smiley

in case you;re wondering, it's a single fader for working FCP's mixer tool.
i had a Behringer 8 track, but realised i only ever really needed it for ducking music of atmospheres around dialogue & FX.
for everything else i use control + / -

the thing that puts me off the neyrinck is you have to turn it on & establish contact first (wi-fi or blue-tooth, can't remember!), before starting FCP,
and as i don't need it that often, i know i'd have to shut down my (often large) project and re-start FCP, which is a real drag when you're on a roll.

re the CNTRL+:
l've tried a few times to work with a shuttle pro, and just couldn't get into it.
i use the keyboard & muse so much i need them very close, and there isn't room for another tool.

this looks better laid out than a shuttle pro (reminds me of the old lightworks controller),
but i agree with V re the tactile nature of a controller.

nick
October 26, 2012 05:31PM
Have any of you used a Cintiq? Just curious as I'm getting ready to upgrade a couple of the machines here and since I will upgrade the tablets as well... well it seems like an interesting concept.

Steve

FCPX
FCP 7.0.3
Premier CS6

MBP Retina 2.6i7 16GB / iMac 27" 3.4i7 16GB
October 27, 2012 12:57AM
I've worked with AC-7, which has mixers and jog shuttle and connects over wifi. It is annoying to set it up every time, and sometimes re-set during a session.

But it's still hella useful, I wish I could do the same thing with three wheel color. V-wave lite is awesome with color.

The iPad is really great for these interfaces.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics