Blu-ray

Posted by Donw 
Blu-ray
November 11, 2012 10:24PM
I have a wedding video and the client wants a Blu-ray Disc of it. It's the only request I've had, so I don't have the equipment/software, yet. Is there a service that burns blu-ray?
Re: Blu-ray
November 11, 2012 11:38PM
Donw, you do have the software, assuming you have FCS; see an earlier strand. You need a burner. The Samsung Samsung SE-506AB works well with Macs and costs less than $100.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
November 13, 2012 11:05AM
I've been using Adobe Encore to create Blu-rays. It gives you more control over menus and suchlike (it's very similar to DVD Studio Pro) and one really nice feature I only discovered yesterday is that it's really easy to make Blu-rays and DVDs from the same project.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
November 13, 2012 06:15PM
What burner are you using, Jon?

November 15, 2012 02:46PM
Another great thing about the Adobe Suite that it will work on the PC or Mac.
(We only have FCP on the Mac, and Adobe Suite on the PC)
So, we use FCP to edit,export a QT ProRes.
Import the QT to Premiere,
use Adode Link to Encore- and burn a blu-ray there.

Jon Chappell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been using Adobe Encore to create Blu-rays.
> It gives you more control over menus and suchlike
> (it's very similar to DVD Studio Pro) and one
> really nice feature I only discovered yesterday is
> that it's really easy to make Blu-rays and DVDs
> from the same project.
November 18, 2012 10:30PM
Another vote for Encore. I had a project where the client wanted 6 BluRays and 1 DVD of the same footage. I got all the way to the end of the edit in FCP7 and forgot that I couldn't create a menu for my BluRays in DVDSP so Encore saved my butt. Very flexible program.

FCP 7.0.3, PPro CS5.5, MPro Octo 2.8, 16 gigs RAM, Matrox MXO2, Sony EX1
November 24, 2012 03:16AM
My first BluRay was over a year ago and was completed under the gun. Nevertheless I lucked out-- exported the 90-minute program native and fed it to Toast Platinum 11 for a rough-and-ready BR disc. Took 3 times longer than a DVD, but worked well. For more elaborate discs Encore looks to be the recipe.

I installed a PIONEER BDR-206D for this purpose, cost $120.00 at MicroCenter.

I did have to modify the tray lip by 1/8 of an inch-- discovered this easily snaps off and on. Ground down carefully on a Dremel router table it was then installed and clears the tray opening smoothly. It has never left the Mac Pro since.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics