Importing ACVHD

Posted by Delphinus 
Importing ACVHD
December 13, 2012 04:58PM
Is there a way to import Canon's ACVHD into FCP 7? If not directly, any other way you might think of?

OS X 10.6.8
MacPro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Dual
3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
FCP 7
Re: Importing ACVHD
December 13, 2012 05:12PM
Log and Transfer.

www.derekmok.com
December 13, 2012 05:15PM
Derek: What FCP Audio/Video Setting should I use? I will be importing directly from the camcorder so I assume there needs to be a particular setting, no?
December 13, 2012 07:13PM
Never having done this type of transfer before, it took my brain a while to catch on to what you meant by Log & Transfer. GOT IT! Thanks.
December 14, 2012 03:49PM
Hi All: Well, I have not been successful in loading the ACVHD, even though I tried the suggestion of bringing the files in through Log & Transfer. When I open Log & Transfer, the files do not automatically come in, so I click on "Add Volume", which allows me to see the files (light gray). When I choose the files, I get a warning that reads:

WARNING
"STREAM" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

Any idea what I am doing incorrectly?
Thanks,
Stan
December 14, 2012 05:42PM
You need to copy the entire contents of the card. If you have done so, you need to add the whole volume, not just the clips, so step out of to the main folder and mount the folder containing the contents of the card.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 14, 2012 06:04PM
I tried importing each of the folders and got the same message. So, I gave up and decided to use one of the video converters I have and it is converting the files. Bizarre that FCP cannot recognize any of the folders, including the main folder that holds all the info from the camcorder. Life goes on. Go figure!
December 14, 2012 06:20PM
Yea, I heard Avchd is sticky, and if you tweak the file structure slightly, even in a way that makes sense for most people, FCP may not recognize it. I haven't had issues with Avchd, but I've been doing more work in PPro, and PPro only requires the mts files for import.

You can also try Clipwrap, which has better repute than what you can get on search results these days.

[www.divergentmedia.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
December 15, 2012 02:29AM
Do you need to download a plug-in from Canon for that camera?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics