Sending clip from FCP to motion - problem
January 11, 2013 01:08PM
Hello, Happy Editors.

I am trying to send an HDV 24p clip from FCP 6.0.5 to Motion 3.0.2 Upgrade. The Motion Project is also HDV 24p.

When I control click on my clip in the FCP timeline, "send to Motion" is greyed out.

Is this because my versions of FCP and Motion are incompatible? I've actually been reading the manual and I can't understand what I am doing wrong. Clearly FCP is not seeing Motion, but what can I do about that?

I don't want to upgrade either my OS or FCP because I have found that it is the most stable combination on my system.

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Best wishes,

Harry.

(Core Intel Mac. System10.6.3.)
Re: Sending clip from FCP to motion - problem
January 11, 2013 10:40PM
Those two are the correct components of Final Cut Studio 2. I run FCP 7 with Motion 4-- those are from FCS 3. It's possible you're getting funkiness by using older software with Snow Leopard; can't be sure. I can tell you I run FCP7/Mot4 in both 10.5.8 (Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion) without issue, and I can send to Motion successfully.

Are you first highlighting the sequence in the Browser window, then going to the File>Export>Motion project? "Motion project" doesn't light up as an Export option if you simply have the sequence loaded in the timeline.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
January 12, 2013 12:49PM
Loren,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I have now tried highlighting the Sequence in the browser window, then going to File >Export> Motion, but the damn "Motion" thing is greyed out.

If you have any further ideas, please let me know. But in any case, thanks so much for your suggestion.

I hope I don't have to reinstall.

Best

Harry.
January 12, 2013 04:15PM
Is the Motion app in the root of the applications folder?

www.strypesinpost.com
January 12, 2013 04:39PM
Yup. It's in the Applications folder, as is Motion - and neither one of them is in a folder. So I would imagine that they should be aware of each other ...

Thanks for ther eply, Strypes.

Harry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics