Audio Viewer Bug - Bizarre

Posted by Ethan 
Audio Viewer Bug - Bizarre
March 17, 2013 02:26AM
I tried searching for this but I'm having a hard time even describing it. In few enough words to construct a search. I double click a synched bit of audio, to edit it in the viewer. And the audio loaded into the viewer doesn't match. It seems to generally be the head of the take.

There will be in and outs marked, but they are in the wrong spot as well. The take plays correctly in the timeline. If I dupe the audio in the time line. It will operate correctly, both the original and the copy. But when I delete the copy the problem resumes.

I'll guess I'll nuke my preferences. Audio was synched with plural-eyes. Anybody ever seen anything like this before. Is it a harbinger of other problems?

Ethan@advantagevideosystems.com

[www.advantagevideosystems.com]
[www.imdb.com]
[ethan-editor.blogspot.com] (My Reel)

GOING TO NAB2018? USE OUR FREE CODE:LV8875
And visit our booth in South Lower Hall @ SL14916
Re: Audio Viewer Bug - Bizarre
March 17, 2013 06:55AM
What format is the audio in? FCP7 doesn't deal equally well with every audio format. WAVs and AIFFs are preferable.

Also, delete your Waveform Cache. And try disconnecting the audio files (SHIFT-D), then reconnecting. There have been some inexplicable audio bugs since FCP6 (eg. waveform at the playhead doesn't match the actual audio, audio edits being stuck at an earlier level of render) and you just have to "flush" the clip relationships sometimes.

www.derekmok.com
March 17, 2013 02:10PM
Production sound is all WAV. Trashing preferences and wav cache was ineffective, reconnecting clip was successful.

Thanks,

[www.imdb.com]

March 17, 2013 02:13PM
Oops correction, NOT Succesefull, problem reverted. same clip.
March 17, 2013 07:42PM
Is it DSLR footage? Or have you converted to ProRes or similar before import?

March 18, 2013 01:43AM
is you audio have green lines on it in the timeline?
that would indicate some mis-match in settings, and might explain the behaviour.
(i haven't seen this behaviour before)

"Is it a harbinger of other problems?"

i doubt it.

nick
March 18, 2013 09:06AM
This is footage from Red one, transcoded to ProRes LT. Sound is second system, no idea what. Stereo 24 bit 48 kHz Stereo. That was mated with picture using pluraleyes.
March 18, 2013 09:56AM
maybe try the clip in a new timeline?
March 18, 2013 10:27AM
Pick one of the audio clips and try a simple re-export to either WAV or AIFF, with the same settings. See if the problem occurs. Sometimes even if a file's format is correct, the data within is jumbled and causes problems.

www.derekmok.com
March 19, 2013 04:32AM
i reckon this has got something to do with the way the audio and video are liked together.
the audio behaves as expected when not linked.

of course a NEW audio file linked to the clip may shake it up and fix the problem.
you might need to over-cut or replace any instances of the clip that have made it into your edit.
March 19, 2013 01:13PM
Fortunately things play correctly in the timeline, hopefully this doesn't translate in into the OMF.

[www.imdb.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics