Lichtenstein look
March 29, 2013 01:44PM
Anyone have any tricks to creating this look? I have FCP, AE, Photoshop, Premiere ... I also have the Sapphire Filters.
I am aware this is based around the "halftone" filter. I have checked online tutorials and they have all required drawing and tracking in Illustrator or Photoshop. Not my strong suit nor time effective.

Anybody have a quick fix? Know of a great tutorial?

Thanks!!

FCP 7.0.3
OSX 10.6.5
Re: Lichtenstein look
April 01, 2013 10:33AM
This is not for the faint of heart. There is no magic pill for this to look good Troy. It takes massive amounts of time and endless frame-by-frame tweaking to make it look right. It all depends on how far you wish to go. I have only seen it done to individual images successfully.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 02, 2013 03:33AM
ToonIt worked for me in tandem with other filters. [www.redgiant.com]

Be warned the adjustable perimeters and rendering times are many and extensive. As joey said there is no shortcut. You'll have to put in the time and effort if you really want that look done well. They do have presets but they look naff. there is however a half-tone facility which enables you control over the size of the print-dots, the finished look if you're prepared to put the time and test-renders in IMO is akin to ScannerDarkly meets Lich.

you may be interested in looking at certain shots from this music video too:_ [youtu.be]
get " How to Cheat in Motion"
April 02, 2013 03:56AM
get " How to Cheat in Motion" a book by Patrick Sheffield an expansive review of how to achieve that kind of look...

(among many things)

You can do so much with that amazing software, (don't EVER listen to grumpy "After Effects" old farts about Motion)
April 03, 2013 08:19PM
Thanks all - appreciated!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics