Moving a huge FCP7 project to FCPX

Posted by jasonweber 
Moving a huge FCP7 project to FCPX
May 04, 2013 12:53AM
I have a client that has a huge unfinished project with lots of sequences, subclips, bins galore in FCP7 cutting with all DV footage. Since then he has begun to use FCPX for other projects. He recently shot HD footage with a Sony F3 to finish this project. With the upgraded color grading and audio tools build into FCPX, we have started considering finishing off the project in FCPX, especially since 7 will most likely stop being supported.

The only way I could think to do this would be to finish the basic cuts to the DV footage in FCP7, export it and drop it into FCPX and cut it together with the HD footage, add titles/effects, fix color, fix audio, save it as a master and export.

Does this sound like a good solution? Does anyone suggest a better way? Any help would be great.
Re: Moving a huge FCP7 project to FCPX
May 04, 2013 01:44AM
Have you looked at 7 to X?
[assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 04, 2013 02:07AM
Have you used 7 to X? How much do you lose as far as organization? Currently this 7 project has allot of bins with clips and subclips organized by character and theme etc. Will this get lost in the convert?
May 04, 2013 02:14AM
Read very carefully what it does and does not do
But it sounds like in your case it will save you a lot of time

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 05, 2013 10:32AM
"Does this sound like a good solution? Does anyone suggest a better way? Any help would be great."

i would say that FINISHING is what you do after EDITING,
and you may as well completely finish the edit in FCP7,
then port just your final edit sequence into FCPX, if that's where you want to finish.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics