Playback in viewer

Posted by Giulia 
Playback in viewer
May 10, 2013 05:14AM
I'm using FCP 7. Playback in viewer has a lag somehow. This issue doesn't show up in the canvas or timeline only in the viewer. I think it happened after making a transition and rendering. Usually I don't render till the end but I wanted to show the person with me how it was going to look so I rendered and then got this issue. It's the first time it's happened and on one of my project I rendered a lot, continuously and didn't have this issue. I tried trashing the project and resetting scratch disk and re-importing files but it's still doing it. I opened one of my other projects but they haven't got that issue. Anyone got any ideas about what may be happening?
Re: Playback in viewer
May 10, 2013 03:22PM
When you say "lag" what do you mean? Dropped frames? Freeze frame?

What format is the media? (Command-9 on the selected clip to see.)

What's the connection to your scratch disk?
And how much free space is left on your scratch disk? Less than 10%?

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
To reposition a Marker press Command and drag it!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Playback in viewer
May 15, 2013 04:58AM
i've been finding on larger projects that clips opened FROM THE TIMELINE into the viewer take quite a long time to be ready for playback.

furthermore, some clips left open in the viewer will slow down my timeline operations.

in particular text clips, which would open in the viewer carrying a lot of markers from adjacent clips... weird!

so it seems as if FCP is analysing a lot of material when a time line clip is opened into the viewer

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics