FCP 7 HELP! on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?

Posted by jaysync555 
FCP 7 HELP! on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?
June 03, 2013 08:09AM
Hi,

Short version:_ can i run FCP7 on this > [www.jigsaw24.com] ?

I'm also tracking this at the cow [forums.creativecow.net] i just presume one of you guys have gone through setting up and running a recent macbook with FCP 7 . .

I have £1500-£2000 budget for a new macbook pro but need/want to be able to carry on using FCP. i'm upgrading my 2010 macbook pro to a new 2013 model, and i'll be installing the most recent version of FCP i can get my hands on - 7. The information i have managed to gleen from googling is often contradictory, some report FCP 7/7.3, FCS3 working on Lion, others not - and to varying degrees.

1- will it work with the 10.8 mountain lion OS, can you run FCP 7 on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?

2- will i be able to open and edit my FCP 6.2 files in FCP7 on my new 2013 macbook pro?

I have critical work in FCP 6.2 project files that i need to be able to open and continue working on in FCP on a new macbook pro. I am also not yet ready to switch full-time to Premier for clients or personal projects, with 13yrs experience in FCP.

I also presume i'm not the only laptop-upgrading FCP editor concerned with this. The up-shot again being that i have up to £2000 to spend on a new or refurbed mackbook pro with which i want/need to be able to use FCP with, at least initially, to wrap up previous archives and projects.

Any advise on my decision from anyone really appreciated,

Cheers,
Jay

Or more crucially perhaps - what is the last macbook pro/OS combo that does/did except and run FCP7/FCS3??
Re: FCP 7 HELP! on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?
June 03, 2013 02:17PM
Yes, FCP7 runs fine on Mountain Lion. I'm not sure about the Retina MacBook Pro, but I have FCP7 on my laptop which is a NOT a Retina Macbook Pro, and I'm running the latest 10.8.3 so it's fine.

www.strypesinpost.com
anybody running Motion 4 on a Mountain Lion ?
June 11, 2013 03:39AM
at a jobs's workstation I have been unable to run Motion 4 on Mountain Lion. Quitting immediately.

Maybe it was that Workstation (2009 Nehalem MacPro) ... I don't know...

anybody running Motion 4 on a Mountain Lion ?
Re: anybody running Motion 4 on a Mountain Lion ?
June 11, 2013 07:53AM
I just checked and it quits also.
I can't even update 4 for some estrange reason. I am still on the original version. Good thing I still use FC7 with Motion 3.

God Bless,

Douglas Villalba
director/cinematographer/editor
Miami, Florida

[www.DouglasVillalba.info]
[www.youtube.com]
[vimeo.com]
June 11, 2013 08:50AM
Thanks for the replies i'll keep that info in mind. Currently rocking a solid set-up here with FCP7 and lion on a spanking new macbook pro.

All looking fantabulous, beyond the barricade comrades!

WM
June 11, 2013 04:47PM
Just to say - FCP7 runs with no problems on a Rmb pro - the only bug being the app switcher between tcp and safari which never works for me. works a treat though.
June 12, 2013 03:48AM
Yes there is an update problem. Last Fcp Studio 2009 won't even apply. Stays to Fcp 7.0 won't launch as 7.0.3

I guess this is the end of the road... so I keep a way to boot with Snow Leopard. (I still need Motion 4 for a couple of Live Fonts)
June 12, 2013 12:13PM
Francois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes there is an update problem. Last Fcp Studio
> 2009 won't even apply. Stays to Fcp 7.0 won't
> launch as 7.0.3
>
> I guess this is the end of the road... so I keep
> a way to boot with Snow Leopard. (I still need
> Motion 4 for a couple of Live Fonts)

how is there a problem? like i said answering my initial post here its working fine, but you're bringing up or claiming issues with a 4 year old combo of OS and FCP? huh? what do you mean?
June 13, 2013 02:55AM
if you don't understand it... you don't need it,

it's ok, just run you Fcp 7 as it is
June 14, 2013 06:21AM
don't need what? a 2009 OS? huh? what on earth are you on about?
June 14, 2013 10:21AM
If I want Motion 4 (because of a couple of live fonts and the round trip with Fcp7) it means I need to keep a way to boot on Snow Leopard, (or Lion... but Lion doesn't bring anything to the video pro)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics