Compressor and Clusters

Posted by Rocker 
Compressor and Clusters
June 20, 2013 08:01PM
Hi, I am very new to Compressor and have just one ( i think) problem. I'm trying to convert some .mts files from a Canon G 20 (that I partially converted "re-wrapped" in Clip Wrap to .mov files) to pro res for use in FCP 7. I have dragged the files in the conversion area of Compressor, put in the setting and the destination. But when I hit "submit" I get this window asking about clusters. I have no idea what clusters are (something about using multiple macs together???). I only have one mac a dual core so I don't think I need or can use clusters. When I go to Batch Monitor it shows that I have "no clusters found".

Is there a way to defeat this cluster thing?
is that what I need to do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you..

3 gig dual core mac pro version 1.1 oS 10.6.8 Cluster version 3,5,3
Re: Compressor and Clusters
June 20, 2013 08:14PM
Why go through Compressor at all? Just convert to ProRes straight from ClipWrap.

www.derekmok.com
June 20, 2013 09:34PM
Hi Derek, you remembered I was the new clip wrap guy!!!! problem is, I converted about 9 .mts files using the low res "rewrap" mode of Clip Wrap that first night I had it. Now , those files don't really work in FCP 7. they make it crash. It really needs the great big uncompressed pro res files and compressor is all i got. Clip Wrap wont' do pro res from the re wrapped files. and it won't convert them back to the .mts files. It's one -way only .
I'm caught in a cluster f''k!
help
June 20, 2013 10:15PM
> Clip Wrap wont' do pro res

Not true. This is what I use ClipWrap for, exclusively -- converting MTS AVCHD files to ProRes for editing. One step and it's done. "Rewrap" is only one option out of many available in ClipWrap. In the case of MTS files and FCP7, a simple rewrap isn't what you need.

www.derekmok.com
June 20, 2013 10:40PM
I guess I'm not being clear. I already did the low res re wrap. I know it's wrong. I need pro res. But now that I did the wrong thing, I don't think I can fix it in clip wrap. I can't go back to .mts and I can't go to pro res from the low res rewrap.mov

sorry for not being clear enough..
June 21, 2013 05:52AM
> I can't go back to .mts

Why? Did you lose the files?

www.derekmok.com
June 21, 2013 10:12AM
Yes, I tossed them after i thought they were converted property. I was running out of hard rive space and trying to clear up my work flow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics