FCP HD Studio 6

Posted by Cinefile 
FCP HD Studio 6
September 13, 2013 10:52PM
I recently bought a Macbook Pro with OS 10.7.5. An opportunity to buy two very inexpensive used copies of FCP has popped up. One version is FCP HD Studio 6 and 2 upgrade from Studio Pro. The second version is Final Cut Pro v. 4.1, plus Final Cut Pro HD v.5.1. Will any of this work with OS 10.7.5? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Re: FCP HD Studio 6
September 14, 2013 07:29AM
> One version is FCP HD Studio 6

There's no such thing.

"Final Cut Pro HD" was the nickname for Final Cut Pro 4.5 (nicknamed as such because it was the first FCP version to handle HD), which does not work on Intel Macs. If I remember correctly, there is a "Crossgrade" version that works on both PowerPCs and Intel Macs, but that's Final Cut Pro 5.1.
"Final Cut Studio" was the combined name for the package that came with Final Cut Pro 5.
"Final Cut Pro 6" came as part of the package called "Final Cut Studio 2".

You will likely have issues trying to run these older versions on Lion. I would advise getting Final Cut Pro 7 (Final Cut Studio 3). You might be able to get by with Final Cut Pro 6, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Also, if you buy used software, you better make darned sure the transfer is handled properly. The first owner would have properly un-register his copy before you can use it.

www.derekmok.com
Re: FCP HD Studio 6
September 14, 2013 10:24PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll look at getting the FCP X version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics