Sync up audio and video with only TIME CODE in FCP 7

Posted by Joshua Wilkinson 
Sync up audio and video with only TIME CODE in FCP 7
October 20, 2013 11:25PM
Hey all,

So I have a huge project, 5 cameras with lots of clips--but zero sync audio and no camera audio--audio was recorded separately but with matching Time Code (Video and Audio time code match each other in the file metadata). I know that this can be synced up with a software called "Sync-N-Link," but it costs $500. Ouch. I'll probably never use it again so I'm a bit hesistant to buy. Anyone know of another route, a less expensive program, or perhaps own "Sync-N-Link" and would like to rent out their editing suite/"Sync-N-Link" software for a day?

Any help is much appreciated.

Josh
Re: Sync up audio and video with only TIME CODE in FCP 7
October 21, 2013 06:15AM
If timecode matches, why not just match the Sequence timecode to the clips' timecode and sync everything by hand? It should be very fast if everything has locked timecode.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Sync up audio and video with only TIME CODE in FCP 7
October 21, 2013 07:18AM
If the timecode matches perfectly, you're pretty much good to go.

First select audio clips and video clips from your master camera angle to create new merged master clips. By right clicking and checking merge clips. And then select the merged clips and the other camera angles and use the create multicam sequence function.

If you are working with a well shot MCam environment (eg. A cooking show or a concert), this should be close to sufficient. For outdoor shoots where the cameras may turn off and on and where you don't need to sync up everything (eg. Brolls), we usually create stacks and to sort out what needs to be synced before syncing them.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics