How can I "un-deassign" a key?

Posted by Scott Taylor 
How can I "un-deassign" a key?
November 05, 2013 12:08PM
I'm working on an FCP7 project on a different computer than I usually use, and was trying to set up some buttons in the button bar like I have them on my main computer. I have forgotten a lot about how I did this originally, and don't have the other computer nearby for reference. Somewhere in the process I got a dialog box that said my "Home" key was already assigned to a certain key combination and did I really want to de-assign it. I clicked "Yes" before I fully understood what it was asking, and quickly realized that the right answer was "No" because now the Home key on my keyboard does nothing. I really like it to take me to the beginning, as it would do by default if I didn't mess with it. Now I can't figure out how to get the original mapping back for that key. "Undo" doesn't help.
Re: How can I "un-deassign" a key?
November 05, 2013 01:21PM
OPTION-H to assign Keyboard Layout. Type "Home" in the search menu to find it.

Strange, over here, Home is locked and can't be reassigned, even when I have the lock button off.

www.derekmok.com
Re: How can I "un-deassign" a key?
November 05, 2013 04:31PM
Thanks, Derek, I've never tried to remap keys before and hadn't seen the keyboard layout screen in a long time. My lock button was on when I got there, and I had to unlock to change anything. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to reassign that key, but I clicked on Reset and it put Home back where it should be. Since I hadn't been reassigning keys (intentionally), reset only affected the Home key. And I still don't know how setting up buttons make key reassignments, but all is well now.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics