Blu-Ray Authoring/burning

Posted by BeyondFilm 
Blu-Ray Authoring/burning
February 17, 2014 12:14PM
Hi All,
I need to author and burn 1080 video to Blu-Ray disks. I need suggestions on the right software & hardware to do so.
I'm working in FCP 7 (for many years) with DVD Studio 4.
My understanding is that DVD Studio will not author Blu-Ray.

The final Blu-Ray dvd's my client needs are very simple. Five, 3 minute videos on 1 disk with a simple 1 page menu for navigation.
We're shooting 1920x1080, and will edit the footage in FCP 7.

I've been doing some research and was wondering if Roxio Toast 11 Pro will do the simple compressing, authoring & burning I need to perform.

As for hardware, I've been looking at an OWC Mercury Pro 16X External Blu-ray Burner available on the macsales.com website.

I've done this entire process countless time for SD DVD's using DVD Studio, but have no authoring experience in the area of Blu-Ray. Trying to get by as cheaply as possible as this is not a common request from clients.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Re: Blu-Ray Authoring/burning
February 17, 2014 08:37PM
The simplest, menu-less Blu-rays can be made entirely with FCP7 as described in this strand.
By taking advantage of Compressor you can produce high quality Blu-rays that way. Making five separate 3 minute Blu-rays, even if the cheapest solution, is pretty weird. Menu making requires software such as Toast 11 (plus the HD-Blu-ray-Disc-Plugin).

For burning I've had good experience with the Samsung SE-506AB (USB external).

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
Re: Blu-Ray Authoring/burning
February 25, 2014 05:29PM
I've used Roxio with good results burning BluRay with a PIONEER BDR-206D.

That's an internal burner, replacing the OEM DVD, and very reliable with Verbatim media.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytips:
Copy clip Attributes with Command-C
Paste selected Attributes with Option-V
Remove selected Attributes with Command-Option-V !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics