Any way to anchor a shot’s motion to another shot?

Posted by vizwiz 
Any way to anchor a shot’s motion to another shot?
May 04, 2014 01:08PM
FCP7.
Got a shot that’s missing an element. I could shoot that element, then use garbage matte to put it in. But the shot is moving, in every take.
So I’d have to move that missing element every single frame to match the main shot. Is there any way to anchor it to something in the main shot, so it’d move along with it?
Thank you,
vw
Re: Any way to anchor a shot’s motion to another shot?
May 04, 2014 07:46PM
In FCP7... hmm ... does the shot actually need to be moving? Could you make the shot and the insert into freeze frames?

May 05, 2014 04:12AM
What I meant was, the shot of a girl is moving because the camera is moving (it's 'handheld style'). I can shoot the prop that needs to be next to her separately with same background and lighting, but there's no way I could match the movement. Reshooting with the girl is not an option...
Thanks.
May 05, 2014 05:17AM
A method for anchoring a shot's motion to another shot utilizing just FCP's SmoothCam was discussed in a strand 3½ years ago. The discussion indicated that there are other methods.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
May 05, 2014 06:02AM
There is no way you'll be able to do this in FCP and there's no way a non-experienced operator will be able to do this. Get an FX artist.

www.derekmok.com
May 05, 2014 10:26AM
before seeking outside help, this is easy enough to do in Motion.

nick
May 05, 2014 10:46AM
If you have FCP 7 then you probably also have Motion (4?). Google "Motion Tracking with Motion". There were a couple of YouTube tutorials that popped right up.

This may get you where you need to go. If not, then you might do as Derek suggests and seek out a VFX artist to do the shot for you.
May 05, 2014 03:28PM
I've never intstalled or used Motion before, plus I'm out of the country, but I'll get it somehow and give it a shot. Might be a nice learning experience.
Thank you much,
vw
May 06, 2014 11:25PM
After Affects-- even a 3-year-old version, an un-metered copy-- has the tools you need to track camera-body motion and then attach the prop using the same tracking data. More recent editions include MOCA for just this purpose, also awesome.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytips:
Copy clip Attributes with Command-C
Paste selected Attributes with Option-V
Remove selected Attributes with Command-Option-V !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics