Syncing up, then cutting out 2-pop?

Posted by jerryfranck 
Syncing up, then cutting out 2-pop?
May 07, 2014 06:36PM
Hello,

SETUP:
Once I get the color timed video file and sound mixed stereo or 5.1 stems back,
I will line/sync them up in FCP using their respective 2-pops.
And then if I want to export to compressor without the 2 pop, I will just put in's & out's eliminating that 2-pop.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:
- Is this the best way to get rid of a 2-pop before going to final output?
- Will FCP mess with audio or video levels while it is sitting in the timeline?
- Is there a way to do this without bringing the individual files into FCP for the final output?

Thank You,
Jerry
Re: Syncing up, then cutting out 2-pop?
May 10, 2014 09:10AM
That is a workable solution, depending on the specs for your deliverables. Often if you are handing off to broadcast you will have a set of specs that might include a fixed amount of bars and tone, black slugs, slates and the like. In that case you may need to remove the 2pop from your master. I would suggest you keep a version of your sequence that has the audio layback as you describe. Then make your deliverable version from a copy of that sequence.

FCP has the capability to mess with audio and video levels, if you bump something. It should not make changes on its own.

You need to do something to marry the audio and video files. You could do it in quicktime pro or another editing program. I don't understand why you would go to that trouble tho.
May 12, 2014 12:05PM
Thank you for that reply.

So, I realized what I'm asking here is called "muxing".

What is the best way to mux audio and video together to a file but without losing quality?
I have two video tracks (LT & RT) that need to be muxed with the video track.
Don't think QT PRO does three files together.

Any other leads?
May 12, 2014 07:25PM
Are you trying to create MPEG-2 Files? That's a muxed codec. Just adding sound to a video file is not really muxing.

The system that you're using sounds fine for what you're trying to achieve, except, what codec are you actually trying to make? You might not need to go to compressor if you just want a copy of the file with audio added and the pop(s) removed.

May 12, 2014 11:31PM
Yes, I just want a copy of the file with audio added.
And I would maybe also export it as h264, from a prores hq original file.
How would that be done in Compressor?

Thank you,
Jerry
May 13, 2014 06:37AM
You can do it right out of FCP, and not have to go to Compressor. Just choose the timeline, then go to File > Export > and make the choices for what you want to export from there. The resulting file will have the audio and the video in the one file.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics