ProApps Codecs 1.0.5

Posted by John K 
ProApps Codecs 1.0.5
July 03, 2014 02:50PM
Has anyone who is running FCP7 on a Mavericks system downloaded this latest ProApps update? It says its for FCPX/Motion 4/Compressor 4; don't want to mess my system if they're not needed for v7 (also running Premiere CC on this system btw)

JVK

July 04, 2014 04:11AM
So far not had any issues on FCP7, FCPX and Adobe using the new and updated codecs.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: ProApps Codecs 1.0.5
July 05, 2014 03:53PM
Thanks Ben. Cheers!
July 14, 2014 06:24PM
I must say I have heard of VERY old systems having issues but no direct confirmation from source. This might be linked with not being able to run Mavericks. Will update as I know more.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 14, 2014 06:31PM
I still have a MacPro 1,1 running Lion and the ProApps update only comes up under 'Software Update' and not the App Store (this is before they rolled those two things together); I think I'll avoid it on that system for now.
July 15, 2014 03:51AM
Just checked the specs and says "OS X 10.6 or later" That's Snow Leopard. [support.apple.com]

So actually you should be fine. I'd recommend doing an HDD backup to be safe though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics