Can't export self-contained movie Apple ProRes 422 50i from FCP7

Posted by Pankaj Butalia 
Can't export self-contained movie Apple ProRes 422 50i from FCP7
July 10, 2014 06:31AM
Hi,

Back after a long time. Working for the first time with HD.
Have shot on Canon 305 and Sony PMW200 and also some HDV on the Z1.

Converted all footage with sequence setting of Apple ProRes 1920/1080 422(HQ)
and have edited without any glitch on my one year old IMac 27" 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 with
16GB MHz DDR3 and OS 10.8.5 and FCP 7.

Now have a finished 52 min film. When I try to Export it as self contained file with
Apple ProRes 422 1920/1080 or with current settings, I end up getting 22 files each of
2.05 GB and one finished film of 2.05 GB. The individual files say QuickTime Files 2.05 GB on Disk with Name and Extension Film-av1

open with Real Player - but Real Player does not open it nor does VLC2.

Funnily my producer also wanted all my footage also in the same format, so when I exported the footage,
it went through very smoothly - with the same above settings. But the final film just does not go.

I'm stuck as my producer insists on final film on Hard Drive
with Apple ProRes 1920/1080 422 50i 48 Hz

What could possibly be going wrong ?

Very much obliged for a response. Not many editors around me in Delhi have done too much work
on HD outputting - so can't really resolve this issue woithntheir help.

Thanks,

Pankaj
Re: Can't export self-contained movie Apple ProRes 422 50i from FCP7
July 10, 2014 06:38AM
> Now have a finished 52 min film. When I try to Export it as self contained file with
> Apple ProRes 422 1920/1080 or with current settings, I end up getting 22 files each of
> 2.05 GB and one finished film of 2.05 GB. The individual files say QuickTime Files 2.05 GB on Disk with Name and Extension Film-av1

Looks like either your target export drive is misformatted, or you have an incorrect FCP System Setting. The latter is more likely because FAT16 and FAT32 drive limitations are 2GB and 4GB and your files are not following those numbers. Check Final Cut Pro - System Settings - Limit Capture/Export File Segment Size. That option should always be unchecked.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Can't export self-contained movie Apple ProRes 422 50i from FCP7
July 10, 2014 09:09AM
Thanks a ton !

That's all it was. Just can't understand how this happened. I haven't touched the
preferences in a hundred years and have in the last eight months turned out six films
with files of between 24 and 55 GB !

But this is resolved and I', alive again.

Thanks a ton. Feels good to get back to LAFCPUG once again and get such prompt responses.

Pankaj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics