FCP7 and After Effects Windows: best codec?

Posted by plugues 
FCP7 and After Effects Windows: best codec?
July 30, 2014 02:40AM
I still do a lot of FCP7 editing using Apple ProRes codec on my Mac. Since I recently acquired a very fast PC, I plan on using it for work on After Effects CS6 (soon CC).

I'll be moving rendered files from FCP7 to AE and vice-versa. I noticed AE on Windows lacks the ProRes codec. I've tried rendering in AE using Lossless in both QT and AVI but when importing to FCP there's a very noticeable color difference...

What's my best course of action here?
Re: FCP7 and After Effects Windows: best codec?
July 30, 2014 04:04AM
There are a couple of options offering ProRes Codecs on Windows:

[www.miraizon.com]

[www.cinemartin.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 30, 2014 11:20AM
Cinemartin's seems to be on my budget, I'll give it a try, thanks.

I find it strange that there doesn't appear to be a perfect native solution with already available codecs.

Isn't it common for people to work with those two platforms?
July 30, 2014 04:04PM
To be honest I think [www.miraizon.com] looked better because you get DNxHD too and only $49.95

As far as crossover workflow I tend to do DPX or TIFF sequences for PC/Mac work. But I wouldn't do any Broadcast work on a Windows PC if I could help it. It's just a horrible OS.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics