HDD Dock for hiding drives

Posted by J.Corbett 
HDD Dock for hiding drives
August 29, 2014 06:15PM
I was wondering was there a way to hide the drives on the desktop in 10.7.5. I have 10 drives showing on my desktop.

I was hoping that it could be a drive dock… like something i could drag my drive icons to that could be opened in a click. Even if it would act exactly like the dock it would be great. I just want a naked desktop with as little in the way of icons showing.

Can you make them a stack or is there a 3rd party app that can do it?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: HDD Dock for hiding drives
August 30, 2014 07:03AM
Onyx for Mac has an option for hiding drives: [www.titanium.free.fr] in its menu Utilities/Visibility

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
August 30, 2014 01:34PM
In the finder preferences in the general tab you can switch off the visibility of hard drives.
August 30, 2014 02:00PM
Yes Vance's method would be better - using Onyx would mean the drives are completely hidden from the Finder.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 04, 2014 12:17AM
Hmmm

Not bad. They still come up in a finder window using VPiccin's solution. I guess i will try it like this for a while to see if it workable. I was hoping there was a way to stack them like an adobe suite or FCS3.

[www.dropbox.com]

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
September 04, 2014 01:25PM
Well how about a folder on your desk with aliases for each of your HDs?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics